I was testing out a new technique, where I use a straw to blow paint on a canvas board, trying to find a way to make bubbles. It didn't quite work, but it had a interesting swirly blend to it, with my background on my test board coming out very nature-like and giving me the idea to turn it into a leaf for my mother. I then cut out a paper leaf shape, painted it, glued it down and touch-brushed some blending of the sides on it, to blend the canvas board and the paper. The BFF suggested some sort of outline, to really make the leaf shape pop and she was right. Unfortunately, a bit of the paper leaf was too wet and ripped off and I had a smishy hole in the bottom left corner of the leaf that I had to fix. In the end, I can still see the messed up area, and there are some things I like better about the original and some things I like better about the final draft. Thankfully, at least one good thing about my mother not seeing that well, I doubt she ever notices it.
And these are the original draft and the final draft.
Anyways, there is my painting! I knew if I didn't get it up today, it would be next Mother's Day before I remembered!