Anyways, they were scheduled to do it on Tuesday the 22nd, next week, but she had her pre ops today and it all looked good and they had an opening for tomorrow, so they fit her in. (Wait, no, it's after midnight, so today, Thursday, the 17th, 9:30am). Mom is thrilled to finally get it over with. I am nervous and kind of thrown for a loop - I don't do well with schedule changes! And Christmas is basically ruined, but whatever. We'll do it with the kids eventually, I guess. Idk, I feel like the month or so after the surgery is going to be so stressful and hectic as is, we could have done without this schedule loop on top of it.
Her big risk is infection in the week or so after the surgery but the anesthetic during surgery is also a risk, has been an issue for her breathing-wise in the past. And then her not willing to do her rehab - (which was an issue with her shoulder recovery, tbh) - could result in her heart just giving out on her. So yeah, surgery is the Big Day, but we can't even say like, oh if she makes it through the first 24 hours we are all good, because that's not true. Every day from here on out counts and she has months of fight ahead of her, so she better fucking fight.
Sis brought her to the house today so me and Winston could see her, which was nice, and otherwise I wouldn't have gotten to see her beforehand. But, yeah, I'll put up a quick ETA post once she is out of recovery and in ICU tomorrow. Now to quiet my nerves and anxiety and get a few hours of sleep. <3s