* My mom seems to be doing really well still, post-surgery and all that.
* My sister has bronchitis but she finally got medicine and seems to be slightly better. She went back to work.
* My leg has not done that snapping thing again and PT is now working on the muscles. When I made noises of pain, she actually apologized. I burst out laughing, because I’m so used to Kevin, who likes to tell me to stop being a pussy and/or whisper these really annoying ssshhhing noises in my ear just because he knows it makes me want to kick him in the face. I’m sure he’d claim it was a distraction technique.
* Speaking of, Kevin was at the clinic yesterday. I was waiting for PT and then there was someone coming into my booth and before my brain could register what was happening, he was launching himself at me. He looked well-rested but he sounded like he is kind of bored at the new clinic.
* Yesterday I had the worst headache possibly of ever. I went to bed four hours earlier than normal and slept 14 hours through the night. It was amazing. I woke up to my face dripping things out of it, which while highly annoying, I still feel like a hundred times better. Everyone should try sleeping fourteen hours just once in their life. (I used to do it all the time with the pain pills, but not even once since then).
* Half of why I was able to sleep so long was my new mattress. I spent years on my childhood bed and then my dad bought me a twin-sized Sleep Number bed about 8 years ago. It was great for the first three years or so and then it slowly went downhill. Now I have my first full-sized bed ever. (I had been saying for years that I was going to buy a new mattress but then I would spend my hard-saved money by going to a Supernatural convention. A mattress is great but it’s no Jensen Ackles). My new mattress is omgsosoftncomfy, you guys. It’s a little low to the ground and I kind of have to launch myself into a sitting position because there is so much give in the cushion of it. My little brother is going to have lower my bedside shelf and I am going to have to clear out a corner for a cat bed so my nervous boy, Buddy, who used to sleep under the bed will have a place to feel safe…but it’s like sleeping on a cloud so who cares. PT says the knots in my shoulder were a lot less this week just after one weekend in the bed.
* I started reading “Catching Fire” on Monday. I do plan at some point to talk about my experience reading The Hunger Games but for now, just know that I am like wired out of my freaking head reading this book. I seriously can barely concentrate long enough to write up this post. I knew this would happen as soon as I started it, that I would neglect everything else in my life because even when I’m not reading, I’m too distracted to focus on anything else. But, to amuse you, here is the phone message I left for Cherri (a huge Hunger Games fan) today in the middle of my reading time…
(to get the full effect of my frantic-ness, read this in the fastest voice you possibly can).
Hi, Cherri. I know you are at work but I just started reading Catching Fire and omg. Okay, I love Peeta, I really really do but I am such a Gale/Katniss shipper, it’s stupid. I can’t even, because now she has to marry Peeta and she doesn’t have a choice and omg, Gale loves her so much and what the hell is wrong with me that I am all caught up in the stupid romance of 16 year old kids when this book is like about a bloodbath and revolution and I should care about that but all I care about is just stupid, stupid romance shit and…/burst into laughter/…What the hell is wrong with me?! Dammit! Okay, I’ll talk to you later.
So there was that.
* Finally, OMG, “Breaking In” IS BACK ON TV!! Michael Rosenbaum is no longer on it but Megan Mullaly has joined the cast (I love her but am unsure about the direction of that storyline) but I don’t even care because IT’S BACK!! The episode started with Oz thanking some client named Mr. Fox for giving his company another chance. I love you, Oz. I literally made squeaky noises of delight when he uttered the words, “I’ll allow it.”
Between Catching Fire and Breaking In and the fourteen hours of sleep - I have been a little wired today. Also, I want to write Hunger Games fic. I have an idea and everything.
Off to bed now.