I typed up my last entry and clicked 'post' and it took forever to do anything. Then when it did, LJ told me to 'view the entry' but I just clicked over to my homepage. My post wasn't there.
Luckily - since the one DDOS attack where I typed up a 800 word entry and then it disappeared when I posted it - I have learned to save my posts to documents before I click the button. So I just emailed it to myself and then turned on my desktop computer and copied and posted it. Then I checked my inbox and I had a comment on the first post (that one that wasn't visible on my LJ). So I clicked over to my Friend's List and saw two entries from myself. It took a minute for me to realize one of them (the first one which I posted from my laptop) was dated February 17th. I looked in my archives and there it was in February.
I am still not sure if it was Livejournal or my laptop. And today, first my laptop wouldn't even do anything once it was turned on and then later it worked really well and let me reply to comments from it and everything. Idk.
I got my laptop in 2002 or 2003 and it was used then. I had been wondering what to save up my money for next - since I have been saving for over a year for the new mattress I just bought - and I guess I know what is next. The BFF recently got a Kindle Nook, which is awesome and I was thinking of getting one of those, but I think a laptop would be better.
1) To use in bed. Like right now, I could be catching up on LJ from a semi-laying down position and not have to worry about dizzy spells. I could also use it in bed when it is just too damn cold to be outside the blankets - happens a lot in Michigan.
2) To use when I end up in the hospital. Crossing my fingers that I never end up in the hospital for the extended stay I had when I broke both my legs, but someday I will have to have my hip surgery again. And the last time I was in the hospital, with the seizure, I could have really used the distraction of the internet. The hospital jacks my anxiety levels up insanely and any distraction helps.
3) To browse the internet and make LJ posts and replies. Then when I am too ill to sit up at my desktop, I can still talk with you guys.
4) To type stories instead of scribbling them on notepaper like I usually do when I am sick but have to get the words out. This would also come in handy in the summer, when I want to sit on the sun-porch and type. I wrote in notebooks on the porch one summer and then I ended up having to type up 60,000 words, which was not fun. If I could take my laptop out on the porch, that would be awesome.
5) To watch DVDs or stream Netflix. I could stream Netflix on my laptop in my bedroom, including shows that are limited to screening on your computer and not available through the Tivo. (Currently this is "Raising Hope" and "Merlin", both of which I want to watch but don't want to have to sit at my computer to view). Plus, I could use it as a DVD player when I am in the hospital since I just gave the portable one my cousin loaned me back to her.
I wish it was legal to advertise in the newspaper for a sugar-daddy. I'd be fairly undemanding for a kept-woman. Right now I just want a laptop.